About Me

I'm Dani. Foodie. Lover of Beauty and Fashion. Gym and Green Tea Addict. Instagram Obsessed. Legal Eagle. (Sometimes I blog)
a

Sunday 30 May 2010

Hello there my foundation hunting sisters!!

So, like most of you, I am constantly on the look-out for a truly fabulous foundation that will take away all my skin worries. Over the years I have tried sooooooo many. Most of which I have been unhappy with.

With there being a lot of movement towards mineral makeup I have been giving some of the products out there a try.

Obviously there are LOADS out there, but I stumbled across the Perfecting Minerals and it was £5 for 15g! For that price I will try anything!

I LOVE this foundation. I pop on my moisturiser and primer and it just smooths on.

It evens out my complexion beautifully but doesn't cake, which I like given that it's powder based.

It is a bit thicker than other mineral products I have tried, so the coverage is a bit heavier and not really sheer like some others. Oh, and it has a brush included - but it shreds loads so you probably won't use it.

Here's what it looks like on my skin (phone pic so not too clear)...


Please excuse my sleepy eyes, I have not slept more than 6 hours max a night in 2 weeks and it was first thing in the morning!
Advantages:-

  1. It is super cheap and there is loads!!
  2. Very smooth on skin
  3. My skin looks bright and it smooths out my pores.
Disadvantages:-

  1. When my skin gets hot it can itch a little (but I mean when I get really hot)
  2. It probably needs touching up to look perfect all day - although I don't because my skin looks even all day.
  3. There aren't enough shades (only 4). I use the darkest shade in Biscuit and it's too light so I always have to put Bare Minerals warmth on too.
I would definately recommend trying this, I was very pleasantly surprised!

Giddy Princess xxx



~*Giddy princess*~
From iPhone

5 comments:

  1. you are sooo pretty!! gorgeous eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! wow your log is lovely. a lot if information written down!I read your blog from the first post up until this one. hope you could follow my blog as well. and I have a contest as well. so feel free to join

    kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ roshas - thanks you lovely girlie!! Very sweet of you! :D

    @Kim, glad you like the blog so far lady!! Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review hun , i usually use bare essentials mineral foundation but at £23 its abit pricey so i think this may be a new option!

    great blog huni! you've got yourself a new follower!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sugar&Spice thanks for your comment lady!! Glad you liked the review and you are now following!!

    I love Bare Essentials too but its just so expensive to keep replacing!

    Let me know how you get on with the Collection 2000 if you try it xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and read every single one!