About Me

I'm Dani. Foodie. Lover of Beauty and Fashion. Gym and Green Tea Addict. Instagram Obsessed. Legal Eagle. (Sometimes I blog)
a

Wednesday 30 June 2010

I think it's about time for another review of one of my favey foundations at the moment.

This time it's Bare Minerals Foundation in medium beige, which I purchased as part of the Bare Minerals Medium Get Started Kit back in March.



It is designed for anyone new to Bare Minerals and retails at £45.00. The idea with these products is that you can "Swirl, Tap and Buff" your way to the skin you were born with i.e. beautiful radiant skin.

The kit contains:-
•2 X Foundation Shades
•Mineral Veil or Tinted Mineral Veil
•Warmth
•Full Flawless Face Brush
•Flawless Application Face Brush
•Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush or Light Stroke Brush
•Bisque Multi-Tasking Concealer
•Get Started DVD

I also got a sample of the Bare Vitamins primer I have previously reviewed here .

Before I purchased this kit I had a consultation with one of the MUA's who showed me how to apply their products. This is the routine I now follow:-

Firstly I apply a layer of the foundation, then bisque multi tasking concealer under eyes and over any other imperfections (e.g. corners of nose), then another layer of foundation, then mineral veil followed by warmth followed by dusting of mineral veil.
I swirl tap and buff and they suggest which is super easy and quick and here is the result...


The coverage can be sheer, but is also buildable. Its evens out my skin tone and I find it perfect for summer, as it is of course lighter on the skin than any liquid foundation.

This is my most used foundation by far. I use it during the day and on nights out following the routine.

I love it so much is because it looks like my skin.

All my holiday pic's from NYC look like I don't have foundation on but still have good skin. I knew it was good when people said that I looked really "healthy and fresh" on my pictures because I was shattered due to the jet lag!

For me, that's what a foundation should do. I mean don't get me wrong I like a fuller coverage but this foundation introduced me to the power of letting my skin shine through.

Just so you can see what it looks in more natural settings here are a couple of random (not the best!) pics of me out and about wearing the above products...







Clear, radiant, natural looking skin. Mineral makeup, for me, is the way forward.

Oh and the Mineral Veil should be in every woman's beauty collection no matter what - I wear it over EVERY foundation I ever use or try as it provides an amazingly luminous finish.

Anyone else a bare minerals fan??

14 comments:

  1. You may have just convinced me to give it a try after a few months of debating, although i shall wait till my holiday tan fades and im back to my normal pale self lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your skin looks flawless and glowy !!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love BE lip glosses and their glimmers but haven't tried their foundation. Your skin looks flowless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the coverage is really good! Nice! Thanks fer sharing sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing hun!!Your skin looks so flawless and glowly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look great. I love BE make up, i use loads of stuff from there incl the foundation - its the best i've had! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful skin! I love the tone of your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to try BE! It looks gorgeous on you. I usually use the Lily Lolo mineral foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I just found your blog through some links - I love this kit, I'm swearing off liquid foundation once I finish mine up and sticking with mineral! It looks gorgeous on your skin.
    I just became your newest follower! :) I also have a blog about beauty, if you're interested it's: Click&Make-Up!

    Looking forward to more of your posts =)
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really want to try this!! i've heard of great reviews about it! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. I work with BE quite a bit, clients love there range :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comments girlies xxxx
    It is such a lovely foundation. I love mineral makeup!!Perfect for the hot weather! Got a couple of samples from Lily Lolo coming now to compare :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh this looks so lovely! You have really nice looking skin anyway but this just seems to make it better! I have been eyeing this up for a while and I still dont know whether to get it or not! maybe I should try the try me kit.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and read every single one!