About Me

I'm Dani. Foodie. Lover of Beauty and Fashion. Gym and Green Tea Addict. Instagram Obsessed. Legal Eagle. (Sometimes I blog)
a

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Ok, so it's that time of year again when I feel it is necessary to reduce my makeup application. Well, not so much application, but level of thickness or consistency of the makeup I am applying. In short - I don't want to cake on makeup in the summer/warmer months. It just feels horrible.

Some of you may remember last spring/summer when my blog was in it's infancy and I first started using mineral makeup. I began with BareMinerals and naturally, as a blogger does, I just had to purchase other types of mineral makeup by way of comparison! (view previous posts here)

The first thing to note about Lily Lolo that is one of its strongest points for me is the fact that you can purchase samples - much better. Takes the worry away when spending hard earned cash on a tub of something that might not work.

*Click on picture to enlarge and see full effect*
The foundation, bronzer and finishing powder samples are £1.29 each and there are lots of shades to chose from. Which is another plus!

The best thing about Lily Lolo though is the finish. Just look how smooth, bright and fresh my skin looks here!! (I have used foundation, finishing powder and bronzer).

It is amazing. What is also good is that it doesn't irritate my skin at all. Some other mineral makeups provide me with a bit of itching and redness on the neck upon application - it does die down - but it is very annoying at first. This does not. It applies seemlessly and looks beautiful on.

*samples*
The one issue I have struggled with in terms of mineral makeup generally is that it does not last as long as some liquid foundations. I might have a primer to combat that however and will review shortly. Otherwise, my tip would be to keep your sample tubs so that you can keep filling them up with the product to use on the go for touch ups in your makeup bag ;)

Perfect for trying and later refreshing makeup!!

I would definitely say you should give these products a try if you are looking to use mineral makeup, or try something different to the one you are currently using. With the option of buying samples to try it just makes sense!

For those of you that want to take the plunge right away well the foundations, finishing powders and bronzers retail at £12.49 for 8g- yes that's right 8g!! So it is cheap and good! You can get it on the Lily Lolo website here.

And ladies - it lasts forever! Since my first purchase last year I haven't had to repurchase. And whilst I don't use the mineral foundation all the time I use the bronzer and finishing powder regularly!

You want to try it now don't you!?

9 comments:

  1. what colour did you get? i have a big pot of blondie but im not sure if i like it, goes a bit funny on my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous on you! I remember buying some samples a while ago from lilylolo, but just couldnt get the colour spot on! I might give it a go again as that was over a year ago and I know a bit more about my colouring! Thanks for reminding me!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to check these out. Your skin looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the dewy look of your skin with this! I heard a lot about Lililolo in makeup storage posts, but never actually see the results before your post!

    I might give this a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! summer time always isn't so good to apply make up on... specially when it's heavy ekkk...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hell ya i wanna try it! Looks so lovely on you! You're glowing..

    I've been on the hunt for a good mineral foundation and I haven't found one yet..

    Might try this out.. Thanks so much =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, your skin looks lovely! I love that you can buy samples - they look huge! I might have to give this a try :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to try this so badly now! it seems great, it made your skin look beautiful!!!! and, the sampling is perfect for me! thanks for posting this!!!!!! :)

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo going to have to give this a go for sure! Love the fact you can buy samples as well, my little project for next week i think.xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and read every single one!