About Me

I'm Dani. Foodie. Lover of Beauty and Fashion. Gym and Green Tea Addict. Instagram Obsessed. Legal Eagle. (Sometimes I blog)
a

Sunday 21 August 2011

I love Bobbi Brown.  The makeup and skincare ranges work great with my skin and never cause me any issues.  So I know that whatever I purchase I am likely to be happy with it, so much so that I will use it until the very end. 

Bobbi Brown is one of the only makeup brands that I find myself using daily and replacing staple products time and time again. 

I think that's a sure sign of quality and consistency.  Which is good.

I would say that mostly I use skincare products.  However they do a cracking concealer and their foundation was the first foundation I ever tried and used (my Mums) and whenever I have had makeovers with them I come away with a big list of things that I want because I look so much better than usual.

One of the things I had wanted to try for some time was the shimmer bricks.  The bronze and nectar version had been used on me as bronzer and blush but I purchased the rose version to use as a highlighter.



The shimmer bricks can be used as a highlighter and also a shimmery eyeshadow.  I tend to just highlight with mine.


I do really like the shimmer tone of this shimmer brick.  It's perfect on my skin and makes it look luminous.  Be warned though you can end up looking very shiny if you are not careful and end up applying too much.  A little bit certainly goes a long way.

The powder goes on really fine so it dosn't have that glittery effect that some shimmery powders do.  And it's also worth mentioning that it doesn't highlight your flaws like some do.

I love this and use it all the time at the weekend when I want my makeup to look fresher.  I want all the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks but given they retail at £30.50 each it's unlikely.  I mean I do really like them and I've had this one for months now and barely made any impact on it, but I can buy an outfit for that if I go bargain hunting and I do like to get a bit more for my money.  So for now I'll stick to this one!

4 comments:

  1. Ohh i love this, its so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this shimmer brice from BB too but its too pricy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo pretty! I'm still afraid it'd be too sparkly for my oily skin. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so pretty, but I agree with you girlies - it is VERY pricey. Could buy quite a lot of other things with that money! x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and read every single one!