About Me

I'm Dani. Foodie. Lover of Beauty and Fashion. Gym and Green Tea Addict. Instagram Obsessed. Legal Eagle. (Sometimes I blog)
a

Friday 15 June 2012

Ball Outfit Ideas...

Hey Lovelies,

So it's that time of year again when I obsess about what to wear to the summer ball.

I always look forward to it but the close I get the more I panic.  The main problem is that I am a short girl with a big chest for my frame so usually long dresses are too long and ill fitting on me. So I steer clear of them.

I do however still love the idea of a proper ball dress.  Usually I wear cocktail dresses and as much as I love them and they are more me I always lust after the fancy frocks the girls wear.

So I have been trying to inspire myself by planning possible options for shopping ideas.  Here is what I have come up with.  Personally, my favourite is the one on the left - which is actually a skirt and top (underwear top!).  Even though this is long it still feels more me.  It has the more neutral colours overall with a pop of orange which is one of my favourite colours when I have got a tan.

What do you think ladies?  Which would you go for?


Oh, and just incase you care or want to know, here is a very long list of the items above!

Biba maxi dress
£295 - houseoffraser.co.uk

T Bags knot dress
£185 - net-a-porter.com

La Perla corset top
$255 - stylebop.com

Rachel Zoe long skirt
$424 - mytheresa.com

L.K.Bennett strappy sandals
£150 - lkbennett.com

Zara heel sandals
$50 - zara.com

Badgley Mischka high heels
$166 - jildorshoes.com

Nine west handbag
£45 - kurtgeiger.com

Alexander McQueen clutch handbag
$2,295 - forwardforward.com

Clutch handbag
$40 - purseboutique.com

Pendant necklace
$94 - macys.com

Aurélie Bidermann clip on earrings
$865 - net-a-porter.com

Blue Nile diamond earrings
$455 - bluenile.com

Costume jewelry
houseoflavande.com

Pieces leather belt
$12 - asos.com

Ted Baker gold belt
£39 - houseoffraser.co.uk

Categories:

25 comments:

  1. I have the exact same problem as you darling, and I think the first outfit is my favourite, love it! xo

    http://theartofturningpages.blogspot.co.uk/
    @SiaSoldatos

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely picks! and i agree with you, the 1st set is gorgeous! :)

    Raech
    ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 3rd outfit, but all 3 are beautiful! Be sure to post a pic of your outfit before your ball :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do!! As long as I can take a good one haha! Last year my pictures were a total FAIL!

      Delete
  4. The green one is STUNNING! So wishing I had somewhere to go this summer to justify buying a posh new frock like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm I keep thinking I can't really justify it though - even though I NEED a new dress haha!

      Delete
  5. These are sexy and pretty. Love the easy summer styles, but they are also classy.
    Cheap Makeup Reviews
    Seattle Beauty Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - perfect combinations for a ball!

      Delete
  6. Such pretty outfits:) like the 1st one

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd take the first one :) Gorgeous pics!

    Love, Anja
    ------------------
    www.theartoffashion-anja.blogspot.com
    Please stop by and follow my blog, if you like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first one is gorgeous! Would definitely wear that! x

    januarysublime.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, the first one is so gorgeous and i love the green one too! I have the same problem, i'm short with a big bust! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these outfits are really beautiful and I like everyone but my favourit is the first one!! The dress is gorgoeus and everything match perfectly!! I have the shoes from zara:)

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous outfits, great collection and perfect combination.
    parfum pas cher

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the silver heels!

    i followed, hope you can check out my blog and follow back :)

    www.girlsandtheirmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for following me lovely! I love the first outfit it's really simple but chic.

    Lovely blog, now following!

    Katie xx

    thestylinguist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The green one definitely! It might be pricey but it's gorgeous! You gave me a lot of ideas for the upcoming wedding I have to attend! :)

    beautyfulladdict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and read every single one!